The Forests of Kanha - Instagrammed!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kanha is a National Park and Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh. Stretching over an area of more than 2000 Sq. Kms including both Core and Buffer Zones, this is the largest national park in Central India. Because of its' size, the safaris are also allowed for much longer than the usual, from 6 to 12 which gives us a lot more time to wander in the forests of Kanha. Characterized by tall and evergreen Sal trees with beautiful meadows everywhere, these forests are as magical as they can get. And in winters, the magic is at its peak with misty mornings and shining dew drops. Since I had the telephoto lens on the camera, mobile captures were used to get the landscapes. But images from the "Professional" camera coming very soon too. Until then, here's an attempt to show you the beauty captured through my mobile.

Also while you are it, do follow me on instagram :) - http://instagram.com/neelimav
And for email subscribers, if you are seeing white boxes instead of the pictures, please come visit the blog in browser. :) 

Lovely Winter Mornings of Kanha
Lovely winter morning, cold as hell but the frozen beauty of the forest is well worth the effort!


Magical mornings in the forests of #Kanha. See the mist rising over the water? Magical! :)



There's never a dull moment in Kanha, there's activity always, to remind you of the wonders of the forest!



The roads are lovely dark and deep! Miles to go before I see "him" though! The Tiger, I mean. ;)



Country roads take me home! O Forest, for few days, let me be a guest in your home.



Sunshine, how much I missed you!



Forest of Kanha, in biting cold we set out on a Safari!



When the first rays enter the forest, magic happens! A new world opens up and the warmth spreads like fire.



Mist rising over waters in winters during sunrise, one of the most magical things I've seen!


Note - I was on this trip was last week with Pugdundee Safaris, on-invitation. 
Pugdundee Safaris have properties in Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Panna, Pench and Satpura. They have been recognized as one of India's leading responsible safari companies and have been awarded for their excellence in eco-tourism, commitment to green architecture, their experienced naturalists. I had a wonderful time exploring Kanha and Bandhavgarh with them. Do check them out. 

Have you been to Kanha? Don't you think it's the most beautiful National Park? I think so! :)

Come along with me, on a virtual journey! Find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Beautiful... I shall wait for the photos of him next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no photos of "him" unless I make another visit, lots of forest pics coming up though! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know what you mean, exactly the reason why early morning rides were my favorite despite the cold.

      Delete
  3. how you are able to take so many leaves, needs a part 2 now... :P

    Nice photos !!

    @sanojs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, doesn't change anything from the part 1 of the post. The same tips work like a charm still. ;)

      Delete
  4. You captured it beautifully. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, do watch out for the pictures from the DSLR, lots more to come. :)

      Delete
  5. These are from a mobile camera? :O

    Awesome pictures, the perspective and the effects that you've captured. I think a camera is secondary, it is the person wielding it who makes such beautiful art forms come alive!

    Beautiful!

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very kind of you to say these words. :) I'm finally very happy with my new purchase, a good mobile camera. Expect a lot of these posts in the coming days. :)

      Delete
  6. Well captured... and beautiful....

    thanks neelima

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature at its best , so are your photographs.
    Super pictures and info..
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited last Kanha last year, but unfortunately I couldn't see tiger anywhere. Overall experience was good, but I missed to watch a tiger. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures.

    All pics are one of its kind.

    2nd pic is ultimate. Can you tell me about instagram..what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Instagram is a mobile photo sharing service, where you can apply filters. More reading here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram :)

      Delete
  10. Kudos Neelima, brilliant pictures these.

    Off the record, I operate a small jungle lodge in Kanha which goes by the name of Chitvan. Have been in these jungles for the better part of my life. Lovely to see these pictures taken at my second home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visited your page through Archana and completely in love with it .. The photo essays are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goodness....these are magical. you are superb.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Twitter

Subscribe