Introducing "Wander Tales" Comics - In Collaboration with Ramya Sriram of "The Tap"!

Monday, April 20, 2015

We all love comics now, don't we? The kinds that can cleverly condense our long-drawn-out thoughts into insightful little drawings. So when Ramya approached me with the idea of working on a travel comic, I was more than excited to see how it shapes up.

Ramya, is a talented illustrator who has donned several hats in the past as book editor, copywriter but storytelling is what she enjoys most. Check out awesome work at www.thetap.in, I personally love her fun and nostalgia-inducing "Amma Says" series where she talks about moms and all the things they say.

And me, well you know me. I am the wandering soul. 
(If not, read more about me here.)

I will tell the stories.
Ramya will draw the comics.

And together we present, Wander Tales!

Here's the first one. We hope to make this a bi-monthly series.

Wander Tales #1



Do watch this space and don't forget to tell us how you liked the idea and the first comic. :)

Come along with me, on a virtual journey! Find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. India is always Great...

    Thanks neelima for sharing these cartoons that en-light beautiful India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Keep watching this space, more comics coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful initiative, Neelima!
    You're always an inspiration... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mithun, to be fair, it was Ramya's idea though. :)

      Delete
  3. Good one.. i myself grew on a healthy does of comics, where the staple was Amar Chitra Katha and Indrajal comics....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prasad, I am quite excited about this initiative, I love good comics too. :)

      Delete
  4. Good work Neelima. Humor in life does help us to be healthy and excited about the way we look at life. Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ritesh, let's hope I can get some humor into the script! :)

      Delete
  5. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So happy to see the two of you collaborate. So much funZ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elita, I'm quite excited about it too. Wonderful idea from Ramya! :)

      Delete
  6. That's a good one. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, will do. And I hope to get a lot of Western Ghats love translated into these gorgeous strips. ;)

      Delete
  7. That is great news Neelima! Looking forward to all your comics travel tales and thanks for introducing Ramya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. I'm quite excited about how this idea progresses in the coming days too. :)

      Delete
  8. Good One Neelima & Ramya ....!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Blog,I Love your travel blogs and photos and everything in-between.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have illustrated to the reader about to love first our mother country!!! great job

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Twitter

Subscribe