Glimpses of Surreal Spiti - A Timelapse Video

Monday, September 20, 2010


I have been pretty busy as I have been telling you from a long time now. It is sad that my last post is more than 2 months old. I have been traveling a lot lately.

Good thing though is that I am completely broke now! :D
So I have decided to take a break from all the traveling and concentrate a little on publishing long pending and new stuff!

So here goes, first in the series of many more interesting posts to come.
A Timelapse video of the spectacular landscapes of Spiti.
This video is the result of a thought to present Spiti in a new way, similar to the thought of showing Ladakh in a new way - in black and white! :)

P.S - Listen with headphones on and full volume. 

Come along with me, on a virtual journey! Find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. nice to see this.. there is jerkiness in the transition showing you haven't dragged the shutter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, Neelima! wish i could head out there right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool Neelima!

    And welcome back from the desert of the dreams to the desert of the real :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video is fantastic. I am very curious to find out how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I've been wanting to experiment with time lapse as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Neelima! Concentrate a little on publishing? Not here... ;))

    Blogtrotter Two just left Sardinia 2009, but it couldn’t make it without showing you the incredible Porto Cervo and its yachts... Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear friend ji

    it is really a fantastic phtogrpah /video u hve shot. nice i also a himalayan trekker
    had been to many places in nepal himalayas and
    three times to EBC AND ABC BASECAMP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure SURREAL... 'm spellbound as well as nostalgic. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm speechless. You really have a charmed life... I soooo want to be in your shoes...

    P.S. Shubho Bijoya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wonderful, nice takes .just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Where did yoy find the music to your video?

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved it, Neelima.. superb! would love to knw how this is done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The video you requested could not be loaded! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. use twixter the next time. gives amazing results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check it out. I almost killed myself and the computer trying to work with windows movie maker for this one!

      Delete
  15. 1 small tip:Let the final playback framerate be 24 or 30 fps. Anything lower makes it too jerky.Sorry for the shameless plug, but here is mine from EBC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/abhinavrm/6837748615/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, will keep that in my mind. I don't even remember what frame rate I used for this and there wasn't much material either! I shot this without an intervalometer. :)
      Should try out another one soon.

      Delete

Find me on Twitter

Subscribe