7 Travel Videos : Inspiration From Around The World

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I am sorry but I might just make it impossibly hard for you to sit and work today. Either that or you will be inspired. As for me, I am bouncing between being highly inspired to being terribly depressed! Inspired for what can be done and depressed for I am writing about it instead of doing it!

Here are seven awesome videos that always make me want to pack my bags and get lost right away!

1. Blank Spaces

This video represents everything that adventure is to me! The location and filming is top notch. The music sets the mood perfectly and well the spirit, it is everything. Blank Spaces was a finalist in the Your Big Break competition a global search for the next great filmmaker but frankly speaking I liked this much much more than the winning entry. Hey, c'mon who doesn't want to name a ..okay I'll let you see. 


2. Way Back Home

Never knew all this could be done on a mountain bike. I keep my eyes glued to the screen as he jumps onto anything and everything and lands back safely. It goes without saying the locations and music are awesome.


3. Kadinchey

Kadinchey means "Thank you" it seems. My heartfelt thanks to Nick for making this video. Sounds of a country is an innovative idea and the execution is perfect. It just transports me to the land of the Thunder Dragon. The song and the little girl will stay with you, for long.


4. Make it Count

Running was never so much fun, ever more so when you are running in different countries, flying across borders, jumping into natural pools and it is all paid for! The background score sets the pace for you to fully immerse yourself into the joy that comes from travel. Oh, the awesome quotes will make you think and will make you smile!


5. Move

We've all heard "The great affair is to move". Rick seems to live by it. In just over a minutes he takes us places and it is a ride you don't want to miss!


6. Where the Hell is Matt?

It's been more than  4 years since Matt shot this video. It has done millions of rounds over the internet. Today you can see him do the jig for Visa commercial too. But even today it is impossible not to smile when you see this video. It is a pure joy to watch Matt do the funny dance around the world with a huge smile plastered on your face. What is so nice about it? Go figure! Maybe we all want to just dance.


7. Reclaim Your Life

One of those ads that asks the right questions! Seriously, what would you remember?



Which one was your favorite?

Did you feel like packing your bags reading this post? (Please Please Please say yes! *Praying*)

Any other awesome videos that you know of? Tell me in the comments.

Come along with me, on a virtual journey! Find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Thanks Neel.... Reminds me of my forgotten life... time to live :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thansk a lot for sharing these videos (again). Loved all of them.. Hard to pick one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was getting hard to scroll through my timeline every now and then to see these videos. So made a list. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. I wanna pack my bags and get lost right away!! awesome videos :) Thanks a lot for sharing! :) loved all the videos :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shakthi, mission accomplished then! Tell me when you are back from lost. :P

      Delete
  4. 'Blank Spaces' and 'Make it Count' are my favourites. After seeing these videos I dont even want to pack my bags. Just feel like leaving right now. Awesome videos Neelima. Thanks for sharing it.

    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niranjan, those are one of my top favorites too. :)

      Delete
  5. A bit off topic but a nice video
    Rowing the Atlantic Ocean
    http://vimeo.com/39319009

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, wanted to add lot of those kind of videos as well, but they don't exactly fit in travel category, more like an adventure. Will do another list of those. :)

      Delete
  6. Ahh, lovely. Makes my heart skip a beat to see these visuals of travel....itching to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! :) I loved them all! Thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Please Please Please say yes! *Praying*) - HA HA HA :) my stomach hurts from all the laughter. Very nice list. Each and every video is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, just checking if the purpose was served! :P

      Delete
  9. You have no idea, how much I'm inspired by these videos. You just made my day, AWESOME!

    -Sunil

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing these wonderful videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We came here examining blogs for our Rankings. Last week twice and today. None but one of the videos mentioned by you is opening. Mind giving link to the video rather than announcing that the site has been closed... Then, why keep such mentions at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The message announcing the site was closed was coming from Vimeo where the videos are hosted. Because ISP providers had blocked most of the file sharing sites, you couldn't see the videos. I was expecting the court order to lift soon which is why I didn't remove the video links. Also the links work fine in any other country.

      I can see that the links are working fine now. You should be able to see it too unless your ISP hasn't lifted the ban yet. But I'll also try to add the links anyway. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. you missed this : http://vimeo.com/28723846 [Western Ghats Through Timelapse]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a ton for sharing this !!..

    -Aparna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Neelima..
    Is there any way to download them,,can't seem to find a link for that

    Thanks
    Anchit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anchit, These videos are direct links from Vimeo and youtube, you need to find some online app or site that can download Vimeo/Youtube videos.

      Delete
  15. 'Blank Spaces' and 'Way Back Home' are my favourites. These videos are making me to pack my travel backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  16. vaise toh i dont need videos to pack and travel..but yeah they do add fuel to the fire :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi neelima,

    I am planning my first trip with family (1boy of age16) to thailand. Have done all arrangements to stay three days at pukut n thn thailand

    Have u visited thailand? If yes, can u share some informations which u thnk would be useful for us.

    Regards,

    Joe

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Twitter

Subscribe